Monday, July 11, 2011

Real Madrid!

Today was so great and exciting! Not only is it my Mom's birthday but we also got to go on a tour of one of the worlds most famous futbol stadiums -- Estadio Santiago Bernabeu of Real Madrid! We were able to walk around the entire stadium and go through the museum in the stadium! Here are some pictures that I got!













Before we did all of this, we had our classes this morning which went great! Tomorrow we have our first field trip for my communication class and we are going to Puerta de Sol to interview some Spanairds and their take on the Spanish economy. For those of you who do not know... their economy, believe it or not, is much worse than ours in America. If you are under the age of 30, the unemployment rate is 50%, and the total unemployment rate is 21%. It is hard to believe that 1 out of every 2 people under 30 does not work here. There have been rallies and protests going on for a while now, and many people from Barcelona come to Madrid to join the protesting. They have big tents set up in Puerta de Sol to set up base for their protesting. Our teacher, Dr. Bosisio thought it would be a good idea to really get a grip on how these people feel about all these protestors and the economy. Believe it or not, we are supposed to be speaking in fluent Spanish for all of this. There is an English publication here in Madrid and the editor of it has graciously given us this opportunity to even interview a few of his interns! I am definately a little nervous because I clearly know very little Spanish BUT we have been divided into groups and within each group there is a Spanish speaker.

I am kinda hoping our field trip won't be lasting too long since tomorrow is my 21st!... Maybe he'll go easy on me hahah! Anyways, I am sure I will have lots and lots to say after this field trip tomorrow and my fun-filled birthday activities in Madrid! Adios!!

1 comment:

  1. Activity may be a assortment of individuals, work items, communications, and processes that represent a cooperative effort to realize a goal.Thanks for this beautiful idea!
    Activities in Madrid

    ReplyDelete