Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pispas!

Hola!!! I cannot wait to tell you all about how eventful our first real weekend here in Madrid has been! I finished up my last post with Thursday morning after our field trip so I will take off from there!

Watercolor Class at the Sorolla


Thursday July 7 --
After going to the Sorolla Museum, we came back and had a very quiet lunch. The first weekend excursion left right before lunch and I think about 35-40 of our students went on it. The trip was to the south of Spain and sounded like so much fun! They had a pretty long bus ride though so they had to be up and about pretty early! The Colegio was very very quiet this weekend without all of us 'loud Americans' there. Thursday afternoon, all of us girls went out by our pool to chat and read. The sun stays up until about 11 pm here so you can lay by the pool for hours! Thursday night, our group of friends went back to our favorite bar & lounge, called Pispas! They are so nice and accommodating there! It will definitely be somewhere we'll be spending alot of time at! After some late snacks and drinks at Pispas, a few of us went back to a disco called Cats, which is very close to our Colegio. We only had about an hour before our curfew so we wanted to go somewhere close. And it was SO much fun. We were back by our 3 am curfew and it was off to bed again!


Friday July 8 --
We were all still so exhausted from the week, so most of us slept in pretty late on Friday! We headed back up to the pool for a while before planning our evening in Plaza Mayor. We had all decided we wanted to venture off from our area around the Colegio and head down to Plaza Mayor. They have this great big market called 'Mercado de San Miguel'. We had originally planned to eat dinner there but by the time we arrived, it was PACKED. And decided to eat at a cafe right near the market where they served a wide variety of spanish cuisine! We finished just in time to get back on the Metro before it closed at 1:30 am and headed back to Dalai (one of the discos around the Colegio). We all had so much fun there and danced the night away! We stayed until almost 6 am when the bars close here. I know that seems so late to us Americans but it is just a way of life here. Dinner is not until 10 or 11 and things do not really pick up until around 1 or 2 so staying out that late is normal for a Friday night here. Needless to say, we had a great time but were all exhuasted!

(Molly, Jack, Ashley, Abbye, Jamie Lee, Kelsey, Me, Nola, John, and Maggie) eating in Plaza Mayor


Saturday July 9 -- SLEEP!
All of you know how I am with my sleep... so after staying out until 6 am, it should not be surprising when I tell you I slept till 4 pm the next day. After waking up extremely late, us girls had a day of shopping! We went down to a store called Zara and back to El Corte Ingles. We all made some great purchases and were back at the Colegio by 8 or 9 that night. We all took quick showers and met up with the rest of our group of friends around 11. We went back down to Pizza Jardin and had a feast of some delicious pizza! Pizza Jardin and Pispas are both on the same block so its super quick to get there! After the pizza we went back down to Pispas and had a awesome night! Our little group of 9 is perfect. We all get along so well and throughly enjoy each others company! We have gotten to know the owners of Pispas and they seem to really like us! They should with all the business we're giving them... hahah! We had yet another late but amazing night!

Sunday July 10 --

Today was our day of rest! We did NOTHING. We slept in until about lunch time and ran down to another cafe on our block where we had a Sunday feast. For 12 euros, we each had a 3 course meal which was delicious. I had a ensalada de tomate y parmesan (similar to a Caprese salad) and risotto (made with four delicious cheeses) and ice cream! We all came back and caught up on our homework and laid around until it was time for dinner. Abbye and I watched a episode of Glee I had downloaded onto my computer which was fun! Molly and Maggie found us a great Mexican place to eat for dinner. It was nothing like our Mexican restaurants like we have in Georgia but it was still yummy. We decided to walk back to our Colegio and burn off all those calories from the Mexican!


I am falling more and more in love with this city everyday! There is always something to do and somewhere to go! I am super excited for this week! My mom's birthday is tomorrow (Monday) -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!) and my 21st is Tuesday! AND we have our excursion to the north of Spain on Thursday - Sunday where we will be going all around the top part of Spain and south of France! What a great week I have ahead of me! I will have so much blogging to do by the end of it so be looking out for another long post!

I forgot to post this in my first blog since I've been here but here are few pictures of my room here at the Colegio!






No comments:

Post a Comment