Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Best. Birthday. Ever.


LEGAL

So as most of yall know, my 21st birthday was yesterday – July 12, 2011. I have been looking forward to this day and the right of passage for my entire life! And it really was awesome. I couldn’t imagine it being any better!

I had my field trip yesterday morning down to Puerta de Sol where the protestors are which was pretty interesting, but difficult. We tried to interview as many people as possible, but we had a lot of people tell us no or that they didn’t know much about it because they were tourist as well! After Sol, we hopped back on the metro to go to a English based newpaper called In Madrid. It’s a pretty small newspaper, but it is directed specifically towards English speakers only. The newspaper has been up and running for about 15 years now. After we talked with him we were on our own, and Nola and I came back to the Colegio! Everyone was pretty busy yesterday working on homework and studying but we all managed to catch some pool time in the late afternoon! 

Now the fun really begins!

We all got ready and my sweet sweet friends surprised me with a delicious birthday cake in Abbye’s room. I was so surpsied! They have been so sneaky this week and I had no idea. I thought Abbye was in a bad mood on Monday because she kept avoiding me all day… she really was trying to get me away so she could go get the cake. We all laughed about it after I connected all the pieces back together… “ohhhh that’s why you had that huge box for your ‘sub sandwhich’” Thanks Abbye for planning my whole day and surprising me! It was perfect! 

And as American as this sounds, we have all been CRAVING some real American food, SO we decided it would be fun to eat at the Hard Rock café for my birthday dinner! YUMMMM. The Hard Rock is close to our Colegio so we were not too worried about time… until we got there and they told us it would be 2 hours to sit!!!! We decided it wouldn’t be worth it since it was already 10 and decided to go on back to our very favorite…. PISPAS!

Nola and I at Hard Rock

Abbye and I


(from left to right) Jamie Lee, Kelsey, Nola, Molly, & Maggie


We had so much fun. And as always had a great time dancing and laughing the night away with our group and Alex and Yasmin! We ate some delicious food and had a ball. Alex and Yasmin even surprised me with a birthday cake! So so nice. I feel so special and welcome when they are around. There was no better place for me to spend my birthday! We had such a great time!

My birthday cake at Pispas!


Yasmin and I

Alex and I

Our great group of 9!
(from left to right) John, Maggie, Jack, Nola, Me, Kelsey, Molly, Abbye, & Jamie Lee



Today… I am paying for it, waking up after a late night and going to class is not so much fun! But it was all worth it. Hey, im finally legal! Thanks so much for all my friends and family who made this day so special for me! It was the best birthday a gal could ask for!

Mom & Dad – I know your both relieved knowing that Im finally legal now. As soon as I get back, we’ve got to go to dinner and let me finally order my vino! I’ll be an expert when I get back from my trip to the Rioja Winery this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment